NOTICE OF CHILD AND VULNERABLE ADULT PROTECTION POLICY
The Association accepts its legal and moral obligation to exercise its duty of care and to protect all children and vulnerable adults participating in its activities, and to safeguard their welfare.
We are committed to do this by acknowledging that:
- The welfare of the individual is paramount;
- Each individual irrespective of age, gender, religion, race or disability has the right to protection from abuse;
- Each individual has the right to be safe and to be treated with respect and dignity.
We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that:
- All allegations of abuse are taken seriously;
- The response to them is swift and appropriate;
- The effectiveness of our policy is reviewed annually;
- A responsible person shall be appointed annually as Child Protection Officer to whom members can address any concerns.
Our Child Protection Officer is :
- John Williams (Tel : 01202 574772)
Whilst acknowledging the responsibility of the Association in regards to this policy we stress the need for individual clubs to examine their particular situations. Where there is a regular usage of clubs by children and vulnerable adults a Club Child Protection Officer should be appointed. The Association’s Child Protection Officer is available to give advice on this.